Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hymn's from Nineveh

I am back! And this time in English! After a little while of considering I choose to start writing in English, and in that way be able to reach more people. My english is not perfect, so please be kind to me, but I believe that it should be understanderable, and after all this is not a blog on gramma;)
This time I would like to share something, I been listening to quite a lot in the last time. They are called "Hymns from Nineveh"  and are absolutely fantastic! As you might have guessed from their name, they are a christian band. Not in the way of making "worship" music or psalm's, but bringing an christian message through more "common" music. But they are to be heard by everyone, christian or not! The style is indie, and their are compareable to Bon Iver, just a bit more pop/rock alike(I know this is not the best description, it's a bit hard to explain, but check em out and judge it yourself)
Here is a couple of their song from their debut album, which is also their only one. It's called "Hymns from Nineveh":

The first single: Sister Sorrowsong
A Song which a some points really thrills me, especially in the use of the lead singer, composer and songwriters voice, and the not so simple use of it. The song got different small twist which just sound wonderfull!

Drink Deep from the Well
Also here the vocal is stunning!
And if you got the time check out the whole album it's really worth it!
The reason why i posted this is acutually that I am going to a concert to them this Saturday, which I am really excited about! So maybe in next week I will post something about that!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment